Each week we will post a resource list featuring key events that are happening in Illinois including workshops, cohorts, career and funding opportunities and more. Check out this week's resource list. These events are presented by state, local and neighborhood organizations. The list is also posted to West Side Forward's social media platforms.
- The Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is hosting a How to Utilize Canva for Your Business on March 14 from 10am-11am. Learn how to use Canva to create graphic designs for your business.
- Applications are now being accepted for the NGLCC Community Impact Grant Program presented by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Grubhub and others. This grant looks to provide vital assistance to LGBTQ+-Owned & allied restaurants, cafes, and other eating establishments. Apply by March 8.
- Applications are now being accepted for the Equitable Transit Oriented Development (ETOD) Pre-Development Grant Program presented by the Chicago Department of Planning and Development and others. Apply by March 15.
- The Chicago Small Business Expo presented by Chicago Business Affairs and Consumer Protection is coming up on Saturday, March 11 from 8:30am-1:30pm at Kennedy-King College.
- North Lawndale Employment Network is hosting a Computer Basics Series throughout the month of March. Classes will be held at the NLEN campus located at 1111 S. Homan Ave.
- After School Matters is hiring across multiple positions including a Payroll Intern and a Contracts Clerk.
- City of Chicago Department of Planning & Development is hiring across multiple positions including two city planners and a project manager.
- MAPSCorps is hiring across multiple positions including a Research Supervisor, a Research Instructor, a Data Analytics Instructor and Data Interns.
- Chicago Business Affairs and Consumer Protection is seeking a Business Consultant and a Business Compliance Investigator.
- Center for Changing Lives is hiring across multiple positions including a Bilingual Communications & Development Associate, a Bilingual Small Business Coach, a Bilingual Worker Co-Op Small Business Coach, a Bilingual Housing & Financial Coach, and a Bilingual Employment Coach.
- The Network is hiring across multiple positions including a Housing Advocacy Associate and a Training Coordinator.