Neighborhood network to support start-up entrepreneurs and existing business owners.
Neighborhood Business Development Center (NBDC) is funded by the City of Chicago’s Business Affairs & Consumer Protection Department. provides customized support for businesses within the local community.
Small businesses are the lifeblood of the Chicago economy, responsible for half of the city’s workforce and serving as community anchors in neighborhoods across the city. To better support, small businesses in all of Chicago’s neighborhoods, the City of Chicago recently launched a strategy to continue to cut red tape, build the capacity of neighborhood resource centers, and expand neighborhood-based business support. The NBDC program is a key component of this strategy.
As a delegate agency in the NBDC initiative, WSF provides customized small business resources and training to entrepreneurs and existing businesses located on the west side of Chicago with a particular focus on entrepreneurs of color and women.
In conjunction with local aldermen, the City, and other community partners, WSF provides assistance with:
- Information about a particular neighborhood
- Getting a new small business started
- Troubleshooting City-related issues for small businesses
- Connecting businesses to financial resources
- Business-to-business networking opportunities
- Employment and workforce development assistance
- Consumer marketing assistance
- Connecting your business to the local community